Saturday, December 29, 2012

Poetry

by Elizabeth 'Rainey'
Seattle Yoga Arts Teacher

I am thrilled to return to my regular teaching schedule as of Jan 3rd. While on sabbatical my love of poetry was re-ignited. As I read these words of passion and potency each day I was inclined to see our yoga practices as poetry of the body and mind.

What is poetry? An elegant, efficient and creative way to express what is, in someways, inexpressible. A way of dancing with language on the page and across the heart. In the space between the words and the silence afterwards we come alive to the reverberations of this holy movement. This is what we do on the mat; dance with the language of our bodies to express the infinite capacity of our hearts. And then we sit and listen to the pulse of our breath and being in the silence of meditation. We are the poetry of aliveness and yoga is a way to ever refine this language of our hearts.

I bow to the poets who daily urge me to see beyond the surface of the thing, the moment, the person and speak to the throbbing potency of my heart that rests there. I invite you to find the ones who speak your language and let them call you into your own divine expression of all you are.

See you soon at the writing desk of the heart and on the dance floor of the yoga mat!

For more about Rainey, visit her website or Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment